- I pledge to become an Upstander by standing up to bullying whether I'm at school, at home, at work, in my house of worship, or out with friends, family, colleagues, or teammates.
- I will work to make others feel safe and included by treating them with respect and compassion.
- I will not use offensive language or slurs, whether homophobic, racist, sexist, transphobic or other derogatory terms in person or while using technology.
- I will encourage my peers, family members, and colleagues to do the same and will speak up when they use offensive language.
If I see or hear such offenses occurring:
- I will speak up! I will let others know that bullying is abusive and not acceptable.
- I will remain vigilant and not be a passive audience or "bystander" to abusive actions or words.
- I will reach out to the one suffering to offer my support and make it a point to spend time with him or her.
- I will tell a trusted friend or colleague, teacher, coach, caregiver, manager, or religious leader about what I saw and heard and make sure they follow-up.